PSR (Parish School of Religion)
To enroll in PSR, please click the PSR Registration link on the right side of this page.
Mary Queen of Peace Parish offers Catholic religious education classes for students in grades 1 - 8 who do not attend Catholic school. The Parish School of Religion (PSR) holds classes for all grades 1 - 8 on Tuesdays from 6:45 - 8:00 PM. The PSR school year runs from September - May, with breaks for holidays and spring break week.
PSR also offers Confirmation preparation classes for 8th grade parishioners who attend a private Catholic school. These classes meet once a month on Sunday evenings from August - April.
The PSR Advisory Committee is made up of parents and catechists who provide support and help determine goals for the program each year. This committee meets once a month during the PSR term. All interested members should contact the Director of the PSR program.
Looking for Catechists!
Do you enjoy working with children? Are you interested in sharing your faith? If yes, we invite you to consider serving as a PSR catechist at MQP! Depending on your availability, you could serve as a full-time catechist, a co-catechist alternating weeks with a partner catechist, or be placed on a sub list. Our PSR program meets on Tuesday evenings from 6:45-8. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Alyson Radford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Top reasons to become a Catechist:
- You will grow in your own faith, learn the teaching of the Church, and deepen you relationship with Jesus.
- Your baptism calls you to share in Jesus’ ministry.
- Children, teens and adults in today’s world, more than ever, need to hear the Good News of Jesus.
- Children, teens and adults in today’s world, more than ever, need to encounter good role models of faith.
- You have much to share with those you’ll teach, and you’ll have opportunities to share faith with other catechists.
- Today’s catechetical textbooks/resources offer outstanding support.
- You’ll be challenged, you’ll have fun, and you’ll make new friends.
- You’ll be helping people deepen their relationship with Jesus. (You’ll be evangelizing!)
- You’ll be handing on a 2000- year-old Tradition that changes lives.
- It’s our job: Jesus sent us to “go and teach all nations.”
- You’ll be supported in your role- your success is our success. Formation is available- you are not alone!
Did you know PSR uses High School teens as helpers in the classrooms?
PSR meets Tuesday nights during the school year. Formation runs from 6:45-8:00, with staff/volunteers present from 6:30-8:30.
Teen helpers are assigned to a formation class. They help with supplies, assist struggling students with activities, remind students to stay focused, and make trips to the bathroom.
Commit for very week or join a rotating schedule. To sign up, email Alyson Radford at email@example.com
Mary Queen of Peace Parish School of Religion is committed to assisting parents in their role as the primary educators in the faith formation of their children. The catechists and staff support the parents by providing a positive learning environment for students to develop knowledge and understanding of the beliefs and practices of the Roman Catholic Faith and to apply Christ’s message in their daily life. The PSR community aids both parent and child in fulfilling and growing in their commitment to the Catholic Church through participation in liturgy, the sacramental life of the church, daily prayer, friendship, and stewardship.