The penitential season of Lent begins Ash Wednesday, February 14. Masses will be celebrated and ashes will be distributed at 6:45 am, 8:00 am, 9:15 am (with our Parish School), and 7:00 pm.
FAST AND ABSTINENCE
Ash Wednesday, February 14, and Good Friday, March 30, are days of fast and abstinence. Fasting is for Catholics between the ages of 18-59 and means one meal, two smaller meals, and nothing in between meals. Medicine and water are always allowed, and in cases of ill health, there is no obligation. The Fridays of Lent are days of abstinence for all Catholics over age 14. Abstinence is refraining from eating meat. Let us remember and be mindful of this common penance as we journey through the days of Lent.
40 HOURS OF ADORATION
Please join your MQP family in our 40 hours of Adoration! This wonderful event will take place starting Thursday 2/15 at 4 AM and conclude at 8PM on Friday 2/16. Please consider spending time with Jesus either alone or with a group. Sign up online. Questions? Contact Kelly Mehan at firstname.lastname@example.org
WOMEN'S MORNING OF REFLECTION
Do you want to refresh and recharge your soul this Lent? All ladies are invited to a Lenten Morning of Reflection on Saturday, February 24. We will begin with mass at 8 am followed by a light breakfast at 8:30 in the Lubeley Room. At 9 am parishioner Jan Schuster will share a reflection on “The Holy Spirit –My Best Friend”. The morning is sponsored by the Women’s League and is free. We would like your RSVP for meal planning. Please RSVP for planning purposes, by calling or emailing Jean Brooking at email@example.com or 963-9087.
BEST LENT EVER
What is Best Lent Ever? It’s a free email program by Dynamic Catholic that will guide you on an incredible 40-day journey to become the-best-version-of-yourself, making this a truly life-changing Lent. Sign up today!
- Once again, our parishioners will be asked to support Operation Rice Bowl, run by Catholic Relief Services, helping the poor around the world.
- We will also contribute once again to assist those rebuilding their lives at Queen of Peace Parish in Houston. During Lent, there will be a second collection for Queen of Peace Parish.
- Other ideas for supporting Queen of Peace are welcomed, so think now of how you and your family, parish organizations and our parish as a whole can support Queen of Peace Parish in Houston through our prayer, fasting,and almsgiving during the coming days of Lent.
WOMEN'S ACTS RETREAT
March 1-4, 2018
Come & refresh your soul!
Applications can be found at the church exits or register online.
Questions? Call Lisa Schulte 397-1618
TAKE A STAND FOR LIFE
From February 14 to March 25, our community will take part in 40 Days for Life … a groundbreaking, coordinated international mobilization. We pray that, with God’s help, this will mark the beginning of the end of abortion in our city — and beyond. Although MQP has not signed up for a specific day during this event, we encourage EVERYONE to take an hour to come pray for life! Click for more information.
OTHER SPIRITUAL RESOURCES:
- Chaplet - every Tuesday evening at 9:00 pm in the church
- Rosary - every Thursday evening at 9:00 pm under the portico, after 8:00 Mass every Saturday morning
- Adoration - first & third Mondays from 8:00 am - 9:00 pm in the church
- Confessions - every Saturday 3:45 - 4:45 in the church
- Retreats, faith sharing groups, etc - check out the parish website at www.mqpwg.org!