The Men’s Club is an organization whose membership is comprised of all men of the Parish 21 years of age and older. Its mission is to encourage fellowship among the men of the Parish through regularly scheduled social and philanthropic activities as well as service to the parish and school.
Meetings of the Men’s Club are open to all members. Meeting dates and times are posted in the bulletin.
The Men’s Club has 3 primary revenue sources.
- Dues paid by its members
- The annual Sports Trivia Challenge
- The Kevin Walsh Golf Classic.
The Men’s Club sponsors and/or participates in a wide variety of activities throughout the year, including the following:
- Sports Challenge: generally held the Friday before the Super Bowl, this is a 10 round, male only, general sports trivia night held in MQP’S gymnasium;
- Luke 18 Breakfast: Sunday breakfast for 150+ 8th grade and high school students who attend the Luke 18 retreat held in the school over a late winter weekend.
- Fish Frys: co-sponsored with the Women’s League, Fish Frys are held on Friday evenings during Lent in MQP’S cafeteria.
- March Madness: a social gathering in the Rectory Meeting Room to watch the NCAA Division I men’s basketball final on big-screen TV.
- Christmas In April: a one-day project in the spring where members of the Men’s Club undertake major rehabilitation and upkeep projects paid for by the Men’s Club in one or two homes in the surrounding community, as part of a national effort by the Christmas-In-April Program.
- Eighth Grade Scholarships: The Men’s Club awards partial scholarships to 2 graduating eighth graders (one boy and one girl) as selected by the school administration.
- One Parish Hospitality Sunday
- Mother’s Day Roses
- Parish Pride: Usually a weekend day or two during the summer where some of our members complete projects around the Parish.
- Kevin Walsh Golf Classic: an 18-hole, 4-man scramble at a local golf course followed by a catered dinner at the course, named for the Men’s Club member who was instrumental in making this event a profitable venture. The proceeds from this event are used to fund the Men’s Club’s various activities.
- St. Vincent de Paul Dinner: held in connection with the December meeting, this catered dinner is paid for by the Men’s Club, and all contributions by attendees are donated to MQP’S St. Vincent de Paul Society.
- Ad-hoc requests for funding from inside & outside the parish.
- Monthly meetings