Dear Mary Queen of Peace Parish Family,
- Lent is a season for spiritual reflection and growth.
- Lent is 40 Days of Prayer, Fasting, and Almsgiving.
- Lent is religious Spring Training for Catholics.
- Lent is the time to be in solidarity with Jesus as he prayed in the desert for 40 days.
- Lent is the liturgical penitential season that prepares us to celebrate Holy Week and the Sacred Triduum, the greatest feast days in our Liturgical Year.
- Lent is not so important anymore because it is so easy.
Which of these statements are true? If you said all of the above, except the last one, you are correct!
May the Lord bless you, and our patron, Mary Queen of Peace, pray for you!
Father Bob Reiker, Pastor